aiskrempotong-ism

Sunday, October 09, 2005

IT HAPPENED... AGAIN

i was in ipoh for the weekend... balik kampung. thought that i'd spend a few days of puasa at home with my family. bring some joy to my parents (yeah right!) . actually the reason why i'm back is because i find breaking fast alone is not so much fun.. having to prepare yr own food for sahur.. is even a lot less fun than that. so this few days when i'm at home i get to be pampered by my mom (and my maid) ...

i always look forward to weekends in ipoh. puasa or no puasa. i look forward to the comfort of my parents' house (with the air-cond, the water heater.. i can't afford to get all these stuff at home in kl), catching up with them (especially update session with my dad) and mom's food. but somehow, i would usually leave ipoh feeling a bit disappointed.. or even angry at times. maybe i always expect my weekends in ipoh to be perfect, when most of the times they are actually far from that. for example, my mom.. almost without fail, would usually successfully test my patience with her 'uncalled for' remarks. it hurts me that she can be so insensitive towards this son of hers. being the person who brought me into this world and raised my, she should know how super sensitive i am especially when it comes to some stuff. i shouldn't even be writing about this cos i think it's bit too personal... but sometimes i just wish that she could understand me better. it would make my life much easier.

i hoped that this weekend would be different, but i was wrong. sama jugak. the same thing happened. she said something that managed to hurt my feelings. but i decided to keep quiet (usually i won't).. since it's ramadhan and everything. but i have not stopped thinking about this. it always hard to get over it. it sickens me that there's is nothing that i can do about the situation but to just accept things the way they are and move on.

if i want to talk about how dysfunctional my relationships are with my family members, i think i'll need to write a book, not a blog... and with that, i think i should stop now.

1 Comments:

  • I guess there's the approved way to get our msg accross i.e. we don't like the uncalled remarks. But, being the soul who brought us to this world, we are trapped in a situation whereby we just gulped the uncalled remarks. Susah kan..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 26, 2005 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home