aiskrempotong-ism

Monday, October 09, 2006

AISKREMPOTONG-ISM IS ONE!

*confetti everywhere* :p

it has been exactly one year since i started this blog. ONE YEAR! (woohoo!!) a lot has happened in the past one year for me. the past 12 months have been the most life-changing to say the least. and i am really glad that i've decided to start my own blog a year ago.

i was inspired to start my own blog when i stumbled upon this (now-defunct) plu-themed (:P) blog of this one 'very the kerek' guy (who now happens to be a very close friend of mine. he's my myspace account administrator... my mobile phone service connector ..dan macam2 lagi... hehehe. dulu dia rajin komen kat sini...tapi skarang dia dah eksyen.. :P). this was around july 2005 - 2 months after i started my new job in a very very very well known company (hehehe).i thought that the idea of documenting one's thoughts, trials and tribulations of being a plu (and other things) to the world in anonymity was quite appealing. and since the (then) new job was far less demanding than my previous job (which means i have a lot of free time in my hand), i decided to try it out.

when i started aiskrempotong-ism, the idea was just to document my thoughts and what was happening in my life. kind of like my own diary (that's why i decided in the beginning not to post any photos. to get the 'diary' feel). i realised that i'm not really good at remembering events which took place in the past (i think i'm much better at remembering facts instead). this is evident whenever i hang out with my high school friends. they'd be reminiscing memories of high school and some events or incidents that took place when we were there. but i can't seem to remember a few of them (A LOT of them actually).furthermore, it felt like the perfect time to start my own blog as it was also the time when i started coming face to face with my ...err.. sexual preference and exploring such relationships. so i thought i could document my thoughts on that as well. however this has been kept at a minimum due to .. emm.. lack of activity (and my exceptionally big mouth - if you know what i mean). and lastly, i just want to write to improve (or rather regain) my proficiency in english. i was once a rather competent speaker and writer in school. but it all stopped after high school. LOCAL UNI happened. everything deteriorated after that.

anyway, 365 days and 97 posts later (an average of 1 post every 3.76 days), my blog has helped me in more ways than i realised it could in the beginning. it becomes a therapeutic exercise when i'm stressed about something (or someone). it has provided me with an apportunity to get acquainted with some other bloggers out there (and some non-bloggers as well). some of them are now my ym buddy.. a few of them has become real-life friends. it has NOT managed to get me a boyfriend though (sempat lagi nak publicise my 'single' status kan?:P)

however, having my own plu blog has also given me some unfavourable consequences as well. first of all.. dosa bertambah (yeah, i know. i criticise people a lot in my blog. can't help it la.. :P). and secondly, it has (on several occasions) given me nightmares. yup, nightmares of people i know finding out about my blog. i'm telling you - it's no fun ok? so far, i've dreamt that these people have discovered my blog:

1) my 2nd sister
2) my elder brother (mommy's boy) <----- see what i mean?
3) my housemate
4) my ex-girlfriend's plu friend
5) one of my male coursemates in uni

and a couple of months ago, someone i know DID find out about this. luckily, she is one of the coolest cats i know. i may not be as lucky the next time. and there have been countless occasions when i'm talking to someone i know, and they say something that may suggest that they have discovered my blog. i know it's just me being paranoid, but i do get a bit more weary nowadays. but i guess it's all about taking risks. weighing the risks and the rewards involved. i did my weighing - and i decided to continue blogging. well, at least for now.

as you guys know, i'm kinda in a lonely place right now.. sure things are looking better at the moment, but sometimes it does feel a little lonely inside. so when i have people commenting on my blog and responding to what i've written, it really does mean something to me. and for that, i would like to take this chance to thank you guys, u guys may not know how some of your words have managed to give some impact to me. and it's really a wonder how somenow you don't even know in real life an give such an effect on you (God is great, kan?)

i am not gonna lie. i have been constantly checking my webstats. the main reason is of course to get an indication of how many people are actually reading the stuff that i write (which btw is not that many). i don't quite know why do i need this indication for, but it's just fun to look at the graphs and all the cool information that they can give me (for free pulak tu). but secondly, i would just get some information of my readers (especially the companies that they work for) particularly the silent ones. and it's quite amazing how i am actually linked to some of you guys (based on your company server name - if that's what u call it). how amazing? let's see..

  • ONE of you are working in the company where i worked for 2 years (but really really hope that u dont know who i am).
  • TWO of you are working in a company where i have once audited.
  • and ONE of you is working in my least favourite company in the world (i got called for your company's 'assessment day' TWICE but got rejected. nothing personal though - i just don't like your company. but i'm sure u are a nice guy.. hehehe).

well the rest of you, the server just says TMNet Telekom Malaysia.. so not much info there. once again, to everyone who think what i write is worthy enough of your time to read - thank you. i do write for myself (i think) but it sure doesn't hurt when you know other people take some interest in it too. it has been a great first year for aiskrempotong-ism and i hope this will continue on. but before i leave, i would like to clear some misconception about the name of this blog:

AISKREM POTONG is a type of food. it is a type of ice cream which i really enjoyed as a kid. it used to cost 20 sen and it was very yummy. a chinese uncle in a motorcycle used to ride around my housing area to sell aiskrem potong. he had this cute bell which he would ring will riding his bike. my favourite is the jagung flavour. in fact i would only have the jagung flavour. i don't like kacang merah. the reason why i chose this name is because i thought it sounded cute, approachable (like me :P) and easy to remember. it does NOT refer to a particular private part or genitalia of a certain sex. and it does NOT make reference to any particular act of sex which involves licking ... (i can't finish the sentence. tak sanggup). when i chose the nickname, it did NOT occur to me that it could be miscontrued in any other way than i intended it to be. i swear. i couldn't believe that i didn't realise it then. which, by the way, could not mean either one of this two - i'm too baik or i'm too naive. i think it's the latter... syukran jazeelan everyone!



p.s: i realised that i am late by a few minutes and it has actually passed the anniversary date. sorry about that. i have been rather pre-occupied with.. err.. someone. eheh.

13 Comments:

  • Both of us wish u.... Happy FIRST year blogging... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    anyway, i also know u thru ur blog... nice knowing u bro :)

    (first person wish u kat sini tak der hadiah ker??)

    By Blogger zali, at October 09, 2006 1:39 AM  

  • 2nd person> consolation..haha
    hapy anniversary man..
    actly, I couldn't remember how i get to know "aiskrempotong-ism"..
    but it fun.."yay"(hahah..ur way of celeb anything...)

    >k.i.d.d

    /eh,smlm yg u online tu tgh cleb8 la eh...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2006 5:25 AM  

  • *put on my festive flamboyant mood

    happy anniversary darling! may you keep blogging forevah and evah, amen!

    and aiskrem-potong, lazat! *wink*

    *matila lucah!!!

    tchau darling!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2006 8:59 AM  

  • Hi AKP!

    Happy blog birthday! Keep on writing dude!

    Alamak! sama la...the first raya song i heard here is sudirman's "dari jauh..." too.

    At that moment images of people and places in KL went thru my mind... terharu betul...

    Btw... i'm in jkt not australia (masin le mulut ko.. hehe)...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 09, 2006 12:50 PM  

  • yup, happy birthday n selamat bersahur/berpuasa/berkaraoke/bertadarus dan ber ber yg lain2nya....amein

    By Blogger husni, at October 09, 2006 10:03 PM  

  • congrats!!!!


    shah.

    By Blogger ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER, at October 10, 2006 9:54 AM  

  • suka sangat nak promote diri sendirik ekk. hish. promote laa i sama!!!

    and happy anniversary to your blog darling.

    sial jek comment asm@di. lucah sangat.

    By Blogger Musang, at October 10, 2006 2:10 PM  

  • Whoa. Sudah satu tahun ke? Congrats, man!

    By Blogger savante, at October 10, 2006 8:56 PM  

  • coolest la konon
    u knew i will read this.......;P
    congrats bro....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 14, 2006 8:34 AM  

  • Happy anniversary. I am one of your regular readers and the reason I linked you because 'I feel' what you write. Just to let you know, I am not that kind of 'expressive' but sometimes the things you wrote about did reflect exactly what was in my mind. Keep those thoughts coming.

    You do remind me of those 'aiskrem-potong' I used to lick 25 years ago, now extinct.

    By Blogger wyler, at October 14, 2006 6:12 PM  

  • Well well - Happy Blogging then!! Keep up the good work and I loved reading your articles here. Very well thought out and you articulate your thoughts really well. So how did you manage to end up as an auditor?? :-)

    By Blogger Maximus Leo, at October 14, 2006 6:34 PM  

  • happy birthday to your blog.

    By Blogger Teekay, at October 15, 2006 8:40 AM  

  • to everyone:

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    (wait.. i think i can copy and paste the thank you's)

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    THANK YOU

    hehehe... thanks everyone. you guys keep blogging too ok? (this may not apply to everyone though..:P)

    By Blogger aiskrem_potong, at October 28, 2006 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home