aiskrempotong-ism

Monday, September 18, 2006

A DAY OF PLEASANT SURPRISES

ok, time for my birthday report (well SOMEONE asked for it.. i can't disappoint my readers kan? eheh..)

first of all, to all of you who left me birthday wishes here - THANK YOU!!!! i don't know some of you personally, so it's really nice when people who you don't know wish you happy birthday... hehehe (but of course, it's just as nice to get birthday wishes from you guys whom i already know..:P).

all in all, it was a good birthday. what made it good is because the people i know do remember it. and took the trouble to wish me on my birthday. i know most of my str8 friends (actually ALL of my str8 friends with the exception of one.. grr) don't really read my blog (and i pray to god that they don't EVER get to read it) - but i just want to say thanks to them here. guys, thanks for the sms-es. thanks for the phone calls. thanks for the offline messages on ym. thanks for the birthday testimonials and messages on friendster.it's nice to know that eventhough you don't really get to hang out or be in touch with your friends as much anymore - they still remember your birthday (well, friendster birthday reminder may have assisted that process a little bit. but still..:P).

and as expected, i received birthday wishes from my family. mom and dad called (and gave the usual 'semoga menjadi orang yang lebih beriman' speech ..eheh), my sister called. my other sister sms-ed. my OTHER sister sent an e-mail (3 sisters - the brady bunch, remember?). but most surprisingly, my elder brother sms-ed me too. just for the record, he rarely does this (wait... nope, he had NEVER done this). i remember 2 years ago he called me up on my birthday. i thought he was going to wish me happy birthday, but he didn't. he just called to ask me whether i have borrowed his dvd or not. so to have him sms me happy birthday is actually a big thing.

the makan2 thingy that night went well too. there was a lot of food and a lot of singing (no filipino guys though synchro.. i didn't invite them on purpose). i told everyone that i was only buying kfc (hehehe.. teruk kan?). mostly it's because it's the easiest form of party food available and there is a kfc 10 minute's walk away from my apartment (talk about convenience eh?). and i did buy enough kfc for everyone (i spent 27 bucks on nuggets alone ok? believe me that was a lot of kfc for 12 people). but my guests decided to bring something for me too (maybe they don't really like kfc..i dunno). so, i was pleasantly surprised when they came over with food. one came with nasi ayam (which was absolutely yummy), one brought macaroni bakar. my boss' secretary came with a big bowl of spaghetti (my boss was not invited btw). and they got me a cake too! and managed to sneak it into the kitchen without me knowing. right in the middle of the party, they switched off the lights and brought out the brightly-lit birthday cake (26 candles ok?) and (of course) sang happy birthday. i was really touched by the gesture. i did not expect that at all from my new group of colleauges/friends here. i think they know that i'm not really enjoying myself here (well i haven't really been keeping this a secret.. eheh) so they actually made an effort to make my birthday a good one.

oh and guess what? i actually got presents too!! a necktie and a bottle of chicken spread (don't ask about the chicken spread - it's a loooonnng story). and to top it all off - my housemate actually HELPED me clean up after the party! it took me a while to recover from the shock of seeing him with a broom in his hand (heheh). but, the next day, he turned back into his regular self - an asshole. might as well at actually - i think i've had enough surprises that i can take for a while.

i was really touched by the things that happened on that day. but this sms touched me a little bit more than everything else (i got a little teary-eyed when i read it). it was from my ex-girlfriend (i DO have a couple of ex-girlfriends btw) and this is what it reads:

happy birthday (my name)!!
hav a good one!
KL misses YOU!

so simple, but yet so heartfelt.

3 Comments:

  • owh..don be so sad..dah besday dah wei..
    btw,buat ar party ari2...leh tgk ur hsmate mencuci lagi...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 19, 2006 5:02 AM  

  • At last.. finally!!!!

    You found that little thing that will cheer you up.

    I could safely say that you might not get the 'KL Misses You Message' and other text messages you received if you were back in KL. And mind you, surprises as such are colouring your life meaningfully.

    Lastly bro, it's not bad at all working afar from family, friends and your heartfelt(s).

    Hope to hear your other great adventure living in Dubai after this.

    p.s. I shall sms you on something which might be of interest to you. Tunggu...

    By Blogger Synchro, at September 19, 2006 6:24 AM  

  • yeah, i know. not all of us queers being born like we are now.

    By Blogger ZEYN, THE PERPETUAL STRANGER, at September 19, 2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home