aiskrempotong-ism

Thursday, June 29, 2006

TWO SISTERS, A MAID AND A PAIR OF BRAS

when i was working in kl, i used to call my sisters quite regularly. of course they can be very evil at times, but it's just fun to catch up with them sometimes - to know how things are with the nieces and nephews, to know what my mom has been talking about me behind my back (all my siblings do this) and gossip about the other siblings (favourite target would of course be that elder brother of mine..).

so last week, i called one of my sisters just to catch up on things. she lives in ipoh. she was fuming when i called her. not at me - at her maid. apparently she just found out that her maid was stealing from my OTHER sister (who lives in kl). but it was not money that she stole, it was a pair of bras (yeah..take your time. it took me a while to let the information sink at first too). and not just any bras, it was a pair of marks and spencer bras that apparently cost 180 bucks (ok, i'll give you some time to let THIS piece of information sink in too).

a couple of weeks ago, my ipoh sister went to kl for a holiday with her husband and kids. they went to pd and genting. my ipoh sister decided to leave her maid at my kl sister's house for 2 days when they went to genting. that was when she committed her crime. a few days after they went back to ipoh, my kl sister started noticing the disappearance of her bra (it's amazing how women can keep track of these things). so, she asked HER maid to look for it. over and over again. but of course it was no longer in her house. after a few sleepless night she finally decided to call my ipoh sister to ask. and true enough, after a spot-check session by my sister, she found the stolen items.

my ipoh sister went ballistic. she never really liked her maid in the first place. i personally don't really like this maid of hers either (which is unusual because i am usually ok with my sister's other maids). but this one is a bit mengada2 la. always craving for attention. she always exaggerate her laughs (she pretty much exaggerate everything actually). and too highly opinionated for her own good. and my sister gets pissed off by this all the time. when she found out that she has stolen the bra, she erupted.

she told her maid that she was going to deduct 180 bucks from her salary for the bra. 180 bucks is almost half of the maid's salary. the maid, upon hearing this (over-exaggeratingly) hugged my sister's legs and profusely pleaded "tolong puan...ampun puan". kesian jugak. half a month's salary gone because of a pair of second hand bras? definitely not worth it. but it's her fault. who asked her to steal those (ridiculously expensive) undergarments in the first place?

after that, my sister called my mom up to complain about what her maid has done, hoping that she'd get support and sympathy from her. but my mom being my mom, gave her usual UNexpected (ironic huh) response upon hearing the story. she said "la...baju dalam pun nak curi ke? mak ada banyak baju dalam yang dah tak pakai. boleh bagi kat dia". that is so typical of my mom... always failing to grasp the point of her children's complaints to her. in fact, when she came over to d*bai for a visit a few months ago and i complained how i had to live with that a**hole that is my housemate, she actually said "biarla dia.... kelakar budak tu".sigh..

anyway, after finished talking to my ipoh sister, i decided to call the crime victim (my kl sister).. eheh. the first thing that i asked her was "weh ... what the hell were u doing buying a 180-bucks pair of bras? too much money is it?". she laughed. "ala, they are very comfortable la.... i even got 2. that's how i realised that one pair was missing" (eleh, that is soooo a cover-up. i know she gets very weary and suspicious when it comes to foreign maids. fyi, my sister holds the peninsular malaysia record for having the most number of maids who ran away while working for her. we are trying to get her name in the malaysia book of records...kekeke). "so now you can sleep at night again huh?" i asked. "hahaha. i guess".

sleepless nights over a missing pair of undergarments? we should really trade lives, sis.

p.s: i'm watching beauty and the geek while writing this. all i can say is, thank god that richard guy didn't win. god, he is soooooooo irritating. even more irritating than azwan ali when he hosted the anugerah skrin last year.. hehehe..

8 Comments:

  • LOL!!! funny :)

    By Blogger zali, at June 29, 2006 4:52 AM  

  • I stole sweaty underwear in FitnessFirst locker room. *grins*

    Rgds

    From:
    Part-time model who plays cello and reads philosophy, REALLY!

    By Blogger shine, at June 29, 2006 8:40 AM  

  • hahahhak. i never trust those maid. no matter how good they are, they might have other agenda.

    my friend's maid ran away after they gave her a handphone, renewed her papers and passport, and after they bought hes some gold bracelets. that bitch. i'll slap her silly if i see her around.

    By Blogger Musang, at June 29, 2006 8:12 PM  

  • Live and let live.... that is what I'll do! Your mom is pretty cool over this - good on her :-)

    And to splurge 180 on some undergarments....wow, these stuff must be pretty sexy and hot then??? :-)

    By Blogger Maximus Leo, at July 01, 2006 5:52 PM  

  • eh women will be women la, we will wear something that is comfortable to us. and yes when its THAT expensive, sure la justified to have sleepless nights :P

    ps: yang jadi mahal tu m&s is from UK kan...exchange rate tinggi..if put in pound sterling sama je rate mcm harga local brands .. 30 pounds ala2 RM30 ringgit normal la tu haha.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 05, 2006 12:57 AM  

  • Hi Bro...

    What a funny story...hahahaha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 05, 2006 6:09 AM  

  • zali:
    ;P

    shine:
    you naughty naughty part time model who plays the cello and reads philosophy you!

    musang:
    wah... garang la u nih... hehehe

    maximus leo:
    err.. i didn't ask my sister the details of those undergarments... that would be a tad bit too icky wouldn't it? ;P

    silentreader:
    ok ok ..so u r on my sister's side... hehehe. but how comfortable can it get? are the rm30 ones give u pain? i don't get it !!! eheh...

    azlee:
    :P

    By Blogger aiskrem_potong, at July 07, 2006 12:27 AM  

  • I'd drag you to the lingerie section of any shopping complex to let you compare the fabric quality between the RM30 and the GBP30 ones, but that will look so weird.

    You go to your sis's house and offer to fold the laundry one fine day during your vacation, rasa sendiri tengok... :-P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 07, 2006 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home