aiskrempotong-ism

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

OH HAPPY DAY

the big boss has just left on a one week trip this morning. i entered the office singing "freedoooommmm...freedooommmm!!!" at the top of my lungs with a gleeful smile (ok la, maybe not - but i WAS smiling). wore a plu-ish purple shirt with a matching (ALWAYS matching) dark purple-light purple-white-dark grey-light grey-peach-striped tie to celebrate the occasion. sizzling mee (who is on vacation in dubai), upon seeing me in my brights-up-the-whole-room office attire (groggily) commented "eii.. geboy sangatkan ko punya dressing hari ni?". eleh, jeles la tu. mentang2 kat office dia takde siapa pakai tie. kakakakak...

since formally declining the job offer back in malaysia (which, i think, went quite well), i've felt a little bit more calm.. it was very hard to let go of the option that i had, but now that i've eliminated the option, i can finally focus on what coming in front of me. another year in dubai. and i'm determined to make better than the last year. as much as i love myself and pride myself in the way i've charted my life so far, i have to admit there is always room for improvement :P

so this year, i will try and be happy. i will smile whenever i get reprimanded by my boss (which, thank goodness, is not a regular occurrence so far). i will just laugh (not out loud la) whenever my boss contradicts himself (THIS is almost a daily affair). i will try to be more positive in just about everything (which will be quite a challenging task given how naturally cynical i am). i will not focus on 31 january 2008 so much (which supposedly is my last day here). instead, i will try and make the most of my stay here. with all the cute ar*b guys around me, it's time that i do some serious "fishing". ikan jenis ni tak byk kat msia tu... hahahaha (as you know, the last part is just fictional). seriously, i think i will be happier if i don't think so much about the fact that i am single and without a partner (and desperately trying to do something about it). so, this year, i'm just going to take it easy. like what my favourite singer of all time (NOT!) once said, "cinta datanggggggggg..... tanpa diundang......." so if it comes, it comes. if it doesn't come.. i'll just go hunt for it next year in kl..heheheh.

there's a lot of things that i'm looking forward to in the next few weeks.friends coming over for visits, moving into my new apartment,going back to malaysia for a longer break. nice, pleasant things to look forward too, especially the moving into the new apartment bit. being a true-blue plu, interior decoration is one of my interests. and i love having these small little projects for myself. it makes me excited .. like a little boy in a candy store. and because of that, i've been going the home decor section of departmental stores, ikea-equivalents and the souqs here scouring for things for my new apartment - alone, nonetheless (with the exception of these past few days because mr sizzlingmee is around). but still i'm enjoying myself. who knows, maybe later i'll post some photos in a later entry for a while (which WILL be comment-disabled.. it's bad to kill a man's dream - and i don't want anyone to do that to me :P)

ok, gotta go. ikea calling. eheh..

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home