aiskrempotong-ism

Thursday, December 28, 2006

TER-BALIK

three days ago, i was still contemplating whether i should go to oman this weekend. since everyone is getting a four-day break due to raya haji, i felt like i should take the opportunity to visit another country around this region (you know.. since i may not have that much time to do that anymore if i'm going back for good soon). but none of friends here are available to join me (maybe it's because i only have like FIVE friends here). so i was thinking whether i should go on that trip alone or not. but now, i'm actually thinking about how many days should i spend in ipoh and how many days i should spend in kl next week.

yes people - aiskrempotong is (suddenly) going back!!!! :)

my company, keeping in line with the (incomprehensible) practice of this country, decided to announce a 3-day eid holidays THREE days befire the actual holiday, which btw means that i'm getting a 5-day break. and using my highly commendable mathematics skills (i juara kuiz matematik darjah 6 ok? ;P), i realised that if i could apply 2 days of annual leave, i'll be getting 9 days straight! and of course, the thought of going back to malaysia came into mind. 9 days seem like a decent enough duration for me to pay about 2.8 k for a return flight to malaysia (cost-benefit analysis la konon). i sprang into action almost immediately and called up almost all airlines that have flights to malaysia. and let me tell you, it's not easy to get ticket a week before the intended travel date ok? but alhamdulillah, i managed to get one. the timing could have been better.. but it's not so bad. so.. 3 days from today (or 2 - i'm still on waiting list on an earlier flight) i'll be in klia, down on my knees kissing the airport floor the moment i got into the main terminal (hahaha.. don't worry - i'm not gonna do it).

but this trip back, albeit almost accidental, is not without a mission. i've got few things that i plan to do when i get there. and unlike my last list of things to do when i go back to malaysia, my current list is more critical (and weirdly enough, i don't crave for food that much anymore.. although i still have a severe weakness for satay kajang and ikan keli.. ehehe). so may i present to you.. my list of things to do:

1. i am going to use every single gram of my baggage allowance to bing back my prized possessions here. since there is a possibility that i might be going back for good in march/april, i don't want to have to leave stuff that i wish i could bring back. so, i'm actually packing most of my books, my clothes, my shoes (i bought a few new pairs this year) and even my karaoke player back

2. i plan to attend one or two interviews during the time when i'm back. this, of course is dependant on my rezeki and my faithful friends and family member who are currently pulling strings like crazy to arrange them for me (there IS a reason why i put RESOURCEFUL on my cv :P).

3. i am going to look for some property investment opportunities back home. i think i should sign up for some additional financial obligations to keep me motivated and push me to work harder. it's not really happening right now.

4. i plan to make a visit to p*sat p*ngutan zakat n*geri p*rak to pay my zakat for the year.. and most importantly..

5. i'm just going to BE in m'sia and gauge whether i can just not be in the country for just another year.

of course, i plan to meet some of my friends back home as well. the last time i went back, i didn't manage to see a lot of people as i was pretty occupied with ..err.. something. but this time around, whatever time that's left will be devoted to my friends. for you guys (fellow fabulous bloggers.. eheh) whom i did not manage to lepak with the last time around (you know who you guys are), drop me an email and give me your contact number ok? i want to meet you guys too and i'll try to use my award-winning planning skills to make it happen. however, in any case, i will be going back again in a couple of months after this for a longer break (or even for good .. depending). so i guess it will not be that bad.

for three years in a row now, december has been a critical, nerve-wrecking, mind-numbing month for me. life-altering decisions, mostly career-wise, was made in december. looks like my life has it's own special events carried out on annual basis. i'm just gonna call december "bulan mencari arah tuju kehidupan" or "bulan menukar majikan" or something". maybe i'll have my own corny sub-theme every year (in the spirit of emulating our government). anyway, this is also the main reason why i have not been updating so frequently nowadays (and it's actually getting a bit difficult to write a decent post nowadays.. sometimes i feel like my brain does the program-not-responding bit (like what my laptop usually does) and i would normally click the 'end now' button ..and do something else. there's another big decision that i will have to make soon.. and (as always) i'm still indecisive. furthermore, a few recent developments which took place in the past one week has now make it even harder for me to make the decision.

everyone says that i should perform sembahyang istiqarah to get guidance from God on the best decision for me. but if one of the main reasons that i want to go back is to do something that is not acceptable in His eyes, is there really a need for me to even try? sembahyang TAUBAT seems more aprropriate..

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home