aiskrempotong-ism

Monday, September 10, 2007

I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY

quite a few things have changed since i last posted an entry here. at that time of my last entry, i was still working in my old company (yes, i've job-hopped again), sharifah amani was still bald (as SOMEONE pointed out) and i was still without a partner (oh wait, THAT has still not changed *sigh*). now, i'm actually entering a new phase in my life as i am starting a new job (which i hope will be a positive step towards achieving that elusive job satisfaction) and with this new job, more changes are required.

i had wanted to post something along the way. in fact, i have drafted a few entries to be posted. but the thing is, i wasn't able to complete them. and you know how my entries tend to be somewhat 'elaborate' (eheh). so the result - a 2-month (unplanned) hiatus. for you guys who have been checking out my blogs for updates and were disappointed (if these people actually exist la - i dunno. i don't dare to open my webstats anymore. i don't think i can handle the truth) i'm sorry and i really appreciate the gesture. i hope with this post, i'll be able to get you guys up to speed about what has been happening (if you guys are interested, that is. but then again, who isn't? hahaha).

ok, first off – my new job. i didn’t really plan for this to happen. i have already told myself that i was just going to complete 2 years in this country and go back to kl for good after that. this means that i should be back home hitting the floors of l* queen on a weekly basis starting from february 2008 onwards.

but it seems like l* queen will have to wait a little longer for me (lucky for them,i think).

about 2 months ago, my ex-colleague called up to tell me about an opening in his company and asked me if i was interested. he works for a company which is involved in an industry which i am genuinely interested in (i remember feeling a little jealous when he first got his job there earlier this year). the fact that the company is in this particular industry that i like (and also the fact that i can’t resist any possible opportunity for a job interview) prompted me to go for an interview. and alhamdulillah, my streak of successful interviews continued. i got the job.

it took a little less time for me to decide whether or not i should take this job as compared to the last job offer that i got earlier this year. for one thing, the situation at the old company was becoming more and more unbearable, especially with this new joiner who i can’t seem to get along well with (it seems like i have a problem with just about everyone doesn’t it? but believe me, it’s not me – it’s them. hahaha). plus, after rejecting the job offer earlier this year (from a company of the SAME industry) due to some reasons, i think that i am actually given a second chance to pursue my dream career. and the fact that i’ll have the opportunity to travel overseas for assignments in this new job doesn’t hurt at all :). the only downside is that i might need to delay my plan to go back to m’sia for just a bit. and in terms of remuneration, although i am getting an increment from my old salary, effectively i am getting slightly lesser disposable income as this new job is located in the part of the city where houses are freaking expensive (to give you an idea – to rent a STUDIO APARTMENT here would cost around RM6.5k a MONTH. i’m not kidding). my dad isn’t really happy about this job because of this fact (and the fact that it’s in this particular industry that he really isn’t fond of). but despite this, i decided to take up this job. why? because money really isn’t everything. and i think i owe myself this second chance (although it means that i’m going against my parents’ wish). well, this is not really the first time i’m doing this. they should get used to it by now… eheh.

so now here i am, currently sitting in my new cubicle in my new company (blogging away during working hours – hebat kan?). i hope things will work out well for me here. but even if it doesn’t, i wouldn’t be crushed. at least i have given myself the chance. i can just pack up and go home (something that a part of me really wants to do). insyallah, there’ll be opportunities for me back home too. so i guess we'll see how it goes from here..

oh btw, there’s plenty of eye-candy over here in this new company. it’s like i’m working among supermodels (or mannequins, when they are not moving) and the like around here. just across where i’m seated, there’s this middle eastern guy who looks every bit like one of those models in fashion tv. and he dresses like one too. on one day, he was wearing a super tight black t-shirt with this pair of super tight black pants (this is an acceptable dress code in my company – i guess due to the industry that the company is in). today, he’s wearing a full suit (which, may I add, is in perfect colour co-ordination). sesuatuh? not really. apparently, everyone dresses like a plu here. plus, he has a photo of a baby girl as his screen saver. so i’m guessing no. but even he is sesuatuh, i don’t think it’ll affect me in any way at all (unless if he has a thing for asian guys, which i don’t think is the case here).

and no, i’m not gonna take his photo and post it over here. forget it.

p.s: another entry coming up tomorrow. i’m trying to somehow make up for my 'inactivity' :P

4 Comments:

  • CONGRATS!!! best lah dapat new job and more money.... pindah lah kat studio tu.. blh i datang :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 10, 2007 11:31 AM  

  • good to hear that..

    eh..jaga pandangan..nak ramadan ni...ahahah..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 10, 2007 9:31 PM  

  • yeay!!! my 'darling' dah bangun dari tidur... apa khabar?

    bila nak jumnpa lagi nih?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 11, 2007 10:44 AM  

  • zal:
    tengkiu tengkiu! dtg la skarang... rumah skarang besar sket kot..

    kidd:
    heheh..baik ustadddd. ramadhan kareem!

    mt:
    hehehe.. lama ke tunggu? sorry la...
    tu la bila nak jumpa? u turun la sini. lain kali buat la visa run kat dubai... kat bahrain tu apa yg ada..

    By Blogger aiskrem_potong, at September 16, 2007 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home