aiskrempotong-ism

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

C'EST EID !

i just realised that the last 4 ramadhans were spent in 4 different companies! i don't know whether i should be appeased by that fact or not - but hey that is something isn't it? and all i can say is each ramadhan posed its own challenges.

this particular ramadhan has been a trying one for me. with the new job that's so so far away from my apartment, to be able to break fast at home is quite a challenge. i had my iftar in the car (not my car - a colleague's) for the past 3 days. bukak puasa with that durian candy which i keep in my office. i'd reach home usually around 30 minutes after iftar and when i reach home, i need to prepare my food. had maggi mee for iftar more than a couple of times (suddenly working overseas doesn't sound so glamourous huh? well i never said it was. that must be some other blog). but it's ok. i'm quite used to the hardship in ramadhan. when i was auditing back in kl in 2003, i spent most of the ramadhan nights that year in a factory in shah alam, breaking fast at the factory canteen alone (i was the only muslim in the team). we had an assignment with a tight deadline that required us to stay back every night. oh but i was more dramatic and emotional back then.. heheh.

anyway, i hope syawal this year will be good for me. all this excitement about going home - i hope it's worth it. i hope that i'll have a good time meeting and catching up my family and friends. ALL my siblings will be spending the first day of raya in ipoh this year. i don't really remember when was the last time this happened. and i hope to spend more time with my older relatives (we never know when their time will come.. or when MY time will come for that matter. but i have lost a few close relatives since i started working here). and i hope i'll find my true love this syawal too (tetiba je nih kan? heheheh. well, fyi i'm meeting up with a few.. potentials. so wish me luck.)

to everyone who's reading, i wish you a very very blessed and vogue eid. i'm sorry if i (either in person or through my writing) have offended any of you guys in anyway. i may have offended you knowingly (as i can be nasty at times) or unknowingly (as i can be insensitive at other times). but in any case, maaf zahir dan batin ek?

now there's a few people less that i need to send raya sms to.... hahahah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home