aiskrempotong-ism

Thursday, October 20, 2005

IT'S BRAND-SPANKING NEW!

started the day very early (although i only slept at 1 am the night before). woke up at 5 a.m for sahur and shot off to ipoh right after subuh prayers. mission for the day: to get my new car registered and bring it home! i arrived in ipoh at 7.56 a.m. (i must have set a new personal best) and the proton guy picked me up at 8.40 to go to jpj for the registration. and approximately 3 hours later.. voila! i was already in my new car.. all confused with the new reverse gear position, new location of the left-right signal lights knob (if that's what u call it..heheh). but generally.. i think i'm going to enjoy driving it. compared to my old kancil which i had used for the last 3 years, this is definitely an upgrade... at least this car has a cd player (yup..to me, THIS is the most significant difference between my old kancil and my new savvy..hehe)

spent the rest of the day doing nothing except for playing with my 4-year-old and 7-year-old nephews (yes, i am GREAT with kids and love them.. too bad i have problems MAKING them..eheh). anyway, before i got here i have already prepared a list of things to do during this 4-day break. i have presentation slides to prepare, reports to write etc. etc. i promised myself that this would be a productive 4-day weekend for me. but i think 'to-do' lists and me just don't click.. i seldom get anything fruitful from my relationship with my 'to-do' lists. takpelah.. shouldn't be so hard on myself.. it has been a very tiring day.. there are 3 more days to go..

tomorrow's agenda: help my sister make raya cookies. this should be fun. i can't even remeber the last time my family made our own raya cookies. must have been about 10 years ago when there was a sudden spurge of entrepreneurial activities within the malay community (and that includes a couple of my mom's friends). so we had been buying from them ever since that started. but since we (me and my adik-beradik) got mom a new oven last mother's day.. we thought that we'd put it to good use and bake our own cookies this time..

the demise of the pm's wife took me by surprise. it's always a sad thing when someone dies. however, not being a fan of the local political scene (make that ANY political scene), i'm afraid i knew very little about her. but she seemed to be a caring, non-threatening, non-power hungry first lady.. and for that i hope that she will rest in peace. semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat...

1 Comments:

  • I like playing with my nephews and nieces too but sometimes it just makes me feel sad for I have problem producing my own. If you know what I mean.. :-(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 27, 2005 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home