aiskrempotong-ism

Monday, November 21, 2005

CONFIRMED STAFF / STUFF

had my ‘confirmation’ interview with my manager last friday evening. it went well. surprisingly, my manager was quite happy with my performance thus far (woohoo!!) although at my current productivity level, i think i am only utilizing about 30% of my actual capabilities. why? because the other 70% of my time in the office is currently spent on personal matters (READ: PLU related matters). of course I feel guilty… but i just think that somehow i owe it to myself to explore this part of me that i have consciously neglected for so long. nonetheless, i plan to devote more of my time in the office to do actual work (well, if my new office provides my with little privacy … i don’t think i have much choice do i?). but for now, i’m just going to celebrate my new status as a CONFIRMED staff of my company and finally enjoy my 28-days-per-year annual leave (quite a lot isn’t it? i know ;p ).

after the meeting ended i was feeling quite happy and was in the mood for a little celebration. maybe a good dinner with a close friend. so i started calling one friend after another (PLU and non-PLU) asking them to join me for dinner… but everyone i called seemed to already have other plans. there i was, in my car at my office parking lot, ready for a fun night out of celebration… without anyone to celebrate it with. i must have dialed at least 10 numbers but no one was available. it felt a little bit sad… i mean i’m not desperately looking for a boyfriend or something but it’s good to have someone special whom you know you can count on and can be there for you. i used to be fine without a special someone… there was a lot of single, unattached girl and guy friends who i could hang but with. however, lately it seems that more and more of my friends are becoming less and less available to spend time with me. many of my female friends are either married or engaged (so asking one of them to hang out with me is no longer appropriate) and many of my guy friends (the few that i am comfortable enough to go out one-on-one) now have girlfriends (or married). one thing that’s CONFIRMED … the situation will only get worse in the coming years (i have already received 4 wedding invitations for this month alone!)… and i am a little bit worried. perhaps it is time that i start looking for that special someone more seriously… sigh.

4 Comments:

  • hemm..setuju sangat2 memang susah nak kuar gan kawan2 ni, yang boys sebok gan gf, girls wif bf..then kalau nak kuar gan diorang kena bwk parner diorg sekali or ask for their permission!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 22, 2005 2:05 PM  

  • i am so grateful some having good friends that i can rely upon on rainy days. mate, u should look for more new friends...

    By Blogger AdamIsmadi, at November 23, 2005 7:15 AM  

  • You could have given me a call.... hee hee. Maybe, I am free for dinner

    By Blogger Mr RM, at November 24, 2005 7:30 AM  

  • reckon it's too late to congratulate you now on your confirmation with THAT company.. it's 31 Dec already.. and you're sure leaving for Dubai already.. but allow me to also agree with your point on having lesser friends to hang out with. I always regard myself the endangered species (sbb kengkawan lain sume dah kawin.. hahahaha). I agree with adamismadi.. find more friends la..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 31, 2005 7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home