aiskrempotong-ism

Thursday, January 31, 2008

YET ANOTHER ANNIVERSARY

yes ladies and gentlemen, today marks another milestone in my life. today marks my second year anniversary working in this country.

*kembang kempis idung*

seriously, there had been times when i didn't think i could make it this year. i remember when my family was sending me off to d*bai the first time, my brother (who had worked overseas for a few years in a few different countries) said to me "jangan balik awal sangat. at least stay sana 2 tahun."

at that point of time, 2 years felt like an impossibility. and for the first few months i was here, it really was. but i guess i slowly learned to adapt to the hardship. and life did get better in some aspects. i started making new friends. changed to a better job.

d*bai has actually made me a better person in some ways. i've picked up cooking skills here. i am healthier than i ever was. i do think that i look better now. but i also resent the fact that i am becoming a worse person in some ways too. religious-wise. work ethics-wise and work quality-wise. and deep down, i'm really worried.

but in totality, i have to say that i'm quite proud for making it 2 years here. god knows what i've gone through in the last 2 years but i'm still alive of kicking! that, my friend, is perseverance. and perseverance needs to be rewarded. and how am i rewarding myself?

by flying malaysia airlines tonite. flight mh 161.

hehehe...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home