aiskrempotong-ism

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

NOT-SO-WHITE LIES

i am a TERRIBLE liar. that’s what i tell people all the time. and it’s true. i would always try to avoid having to lie at any situation because it’s just too much work to remember what you have lied about in order to be consistent with what you say in the future. plus, in most circumstances, it is not nice to lie to people (i guess this goes without saying).

but if there is something that i can lie about, it would be lying about my 'dream girl'. i don’t HAVE a dream girl. but having been single for the most part of my life, i have been asked this question COUNTLESS times. i don’t quite know why a lot of people ask me this question about my dream girl. and most of the time it would be my female friends. are they trying to be my dream girl? i doubt it. maybe they are just curious… i don’t know.

i have been asked this question yet again recently. twice. first, it was my ex-colleague whom i am very fond of. then, it was one of my uni mates whom i am really close with. i called them up just to catch up on things (out of boredom actually) and the question came:

girl friend: so are you with someone now?
me: no, not really
girl friend: isk, you nih… you cari perempuan macam mana nih?
me: macam you kot… tapi yang cun lagi sikit la… kekekek
girl friend: *@#^%&

my attempt to drop the topic by responding sarcastically proved to be futile. they insisted that i answer them. so i had to give them the usual answer:

what i look for in a girl:
1. someone who is witty
2. someone with an incredible sense of humour
3. someone who i can admire
4. someone who i am comfortable with
5. someone who speaks decent English

after giving them the 101 on my idea of a dream girl, i would continue with my usual ramblings on how difficult it is to find someone with these criteria. how anyone who i even remotely fancy is either no longer available or simply unattainable. they in turn would advise me not to be so choosy and at the same time tell me to wait as my time will come. at this cue, i would ask them to recommend one of their friends to me. and they would reply by saying that they don’t have anyone whom they think would be suitable for me (why do they keep saying this? am i that hideous? sigh..)

anyway, i have gone through this ‘act’ so many times that i think i can even fool myself with my story. god knows how many gazillion times had I been forced to tell this story. but what can i do? a discreet PLU’s gotta do what a discreet PLU’s gotta do, right? i do feel sorry for having to do this. but i think it is best for me and also for the other party that i do not reveal the truth.

previously, i have never pondered about the idea of a dream guy. i did not want to encourage myself into thinking about these things. but since opening up (if you can call it that), i have been thinking about it a lot. what do i look for in a guy? is it the same as my characteristics of my supposed “dream girl”? for the most part, i think it is. but there are other things that i look for. being a not-so-consenting PLU (if you know what i mean by this) makes it way more complicated. for example, he must be ready to take things very slowly. and there are also some other ‘special requirements’ that i have. perhaps i have a bit too many of these requirements that it would seem surreal if such person exists. basically, i have an idea of what my dream guy is like, but i just don’t know whether he exists. but what worries me more is that if i find him, would i fit HIS description of HIS “dream guy”? very doubtful. then, why bother dreaming about a dream guy in the first place?

2 Comments:

  • hi bro,

    my defence mechanism from being asked the said matter is to make up stories that my girlfriend is back in my hometown... but that's only applicable when u r away from ur hometown laa..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 30, 2005 2:20 PM  

  • hehehe.... hillarious!
    been there, done that!

    By Blogger AdamIsmadi, at December 01, 2005 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home