aiskrempotong-ism

Thursday, March 09, 2006

ROOMATE BASHING (PART UN)

i’m writing my first entry from the office. finally, after a few hectic weeks of work, i am able to have a little breather. we had a meeting to close the audit yesterday, and personally i think it went ok. looking forward to a free, work-less weekend – and i don’t intend to get out of bed until (at least) 11 am.

i’m sooo tempted to continue with my roommate-bitching session (he’s actually sitting in front of me at the moment, providing me with some inspiration). to tell you the truth, apart from work, he is all that i think about. no, not the ‘you are always on my mind’ kind of thinking (eww!) my ‘thinking about him’ involves a lot of frustration. and rage.

i am not normally mean to people. to me, there is no absolute reason for you to be mean to someone unless that person is mean to you first. i believe in being courteous to other people and to try accommodate them as long as it is reasonable (i think i got this from my dad). but once i see that the other party is not making the same effort to accommodate me, and does not show the slightest appreciation of what i have done to them and is taking advantage of me – i'll get mean. i’ll become outrageously mean that sometimes would i regret it later.

and i think i’ve been quite mean to him these past few days.

the thing is, i think he’s quite stressed out with the work. apparently the thing that we are doing is somewhat new to him (but it is not new to me as this is what i used to do in the past 3 years). so, fine. i can help. of course i can help. and i did help at first. but i got tired of helping because:

1) it seems like he’s not making the effort to remember what is being told to him and it takes some time for him to fathom what is being told to him. as a result, he keeps on asking the same question again and again (i can understand that God created some men dumber than the other, but you shouldn’t be dumb AND self-absorbed a.k.a. bodoh sombong. that’s just going to kill you!)
2) if i am in his position, where i know that i require my colleagues’ help more than they need mine, i would always say thanks to them. i would even apologise for being somehow a bit incompetent and for the time that they need to spend to help me out. but until know, NOT ONCE did i get a thank you from him. and what’s worse, instead if requesting me to help him, he was ORDERING me to help him (instead of ‘can you help me with this?’ it was ‘you have to help me with this’. dumb ass!)
3) he’s not a team player. he only carries HIS files, and when he calls a restaurant for food delivery – he only makes order for himself without asking the rest of us whether we would like to order as well. how do you live with this type of people? (oh btw, one thing I like about working here is that you don’t have to go out for lunch. almost all fast food joints/cafes/restaurants provide free delivery. so since my lunch time is at 1 pm, i would order my food at 12.30 pm, and by 1 pm my food has already arrived and ready to be gobbled. cool eh? very the efficient).

maybe he’s not usually like this. maybe it’s because of the stress that he becomes a bit self-absorbed and totally oblivious to his surroundings and other people’s feelings.but i don’t think that it is the case for him. because he is like this ALL THE TIME. you can’t be so good at being self-absorbed unless you practice. and from the looks of it, i think he has had plenty of practice. he’s a pro.

and i’m just talking about work here. since we share an apartment together, my interaction with him does not end at work. and he is just as obnoxious at home as he is at work (if not more). maybe i’ll save the details for another entry.

when i say that i’m being mean, i can be quite mean. if i find that the person is not so smart, i’ll make it clear to him that THAT is my opinion of him. that’s he’s not smart. i know it’s bad, and God may decide to punish me later for this – but i can’t help it. i’ve been using the phrases like “takkan itu pun tak tau nak buat kot?”, “pikir la sikit” and “berapa kali nak cakap?” quite regularly to respond to his questions. and i’ve been exerting and showing off my knowledge and skills in front of him just to make him feel how incompetent he is. i think now he’s even more stressed. objective achieved (heheh..)

at home, i’ve been keeping my interaction with him to a minimum. you see currently i am the only one with the tv at home (it was HIS idea to buy separate tvs for the apartment). i just got myself a 25 inch flat screen that cost me less than rm500. but he wants to buy plasma tv. with home theatre system (typical malay mentality – spend all you’ve got. we'll think about tomorrow when tomorrow comes). so he needs to wait until he at least got his permit to apply for credit card or have enough money to buy them. initially, i told him that he can watch tv in my room if he wants to (that was before i found out how obnoxious he is). he used to knock on my door at night to ask whether he can watch tv or not. and i used to let him in and we would watch tv together. but the last few times that he knocked, i didn’t answer. and now i think he has stopped knocking. now that’s a little bit evil isn’t it?

so right now, this is my modus operandi. no more mr. Nice Guy. some people just don’t deserve my courtesy. it’s just unfortunate that it has to be like this. cos it’s not like i have a lot of people here to be friends (or even talk with for that matter)…

oh btw, although i’m writing this from my office, i’m merely WRITING this from the office. I still have to go to an internet café later to post this. why? because i still have no internet connection. i don’t even know whether i’ll EVER get internet connection in the office. that’s my boss for you – inhumane! i mean, it’s almost the birth right for everyone to be able to get internet access in the office – isn’t it? and it’s not like i can access myspace.com from this country… (ahh… myspace.com.. how I miss spending hours and hours hopping from one profile to another..)

6 Comments:

  • Poor guy. Understand all about that need to strangle the occasional idiot. Take your time. Deep breaths. Be nice.

    paul

    By Blogger savante, at March 09, 2006 1:41 PM  

  • Wah, ada jege manusia mcm ni eh?!!

    I think you being mean is justified. Though, I have to say I've never been in that situation before. Being a TV addict, the most cruel thing a person can do to me is deprived me of watching my fave TV shows. Hehe!! He must be bored out of his mind.

    But then again, have you tried talking to him? Sometimes, a person like that needs a lesson in humility, you know. Tell him, with the way he's behaving, he's gonna end up miserable and with no friends. If he didn't take the effort to change himself, then, you can just blow him off.

    p/s: Hopping from one profile to another in myspace, huh. It's always amazed me how many cute malay guys are in there. ;p

    By Blogger akihisa, at March 09, 2006 3:48 PM  

  • Bro, the only word I could say is S.A.B.A.R. I know you will survive.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 14, 2006 4:47 AM  

  • Bro..

    I don't know what to say just that u have done the right thing... Insyaallah, nanti dia sedar la tu...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 14, 2006 9:39 AM  

  • i think you are just being too nice.

    my advice, ignore him. trust me dear, an asshole can turn into an angel once he has nobody to be his friend. and learn to say no, a lot.

    *no wonder all my friends say i'm evil. i simply am >:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 15, 2006 12:13 PM  

  • NO updates ke?

    By Blogger Mr RM, at March 24, 2006 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home