aiskrempotong-ism

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

PEPPER-SPRAYED

i never thought that i would ever be pepper-sprayed by a girl in my life. this could be because girls keep pepper sprays in their handbag as a weapon against bad guys - snatch thieves, rapists , sex predators. since i do not fall into any of the categories (well, let’s just ignore the sex predator bit to avoid complications ;P) i never thought much about the effects that a pepper spray can give you. but yesterday, i was pepper-sprayed. and OMG IT HURTS OK?

i was actually walking with my colleague (a.k.a the girl with a pepper spray in her handbag) to our respective cars after work. it was around 8 pm and it was quite dark at the parking area. so i decided to walk her to her car before i go to mine. she said "aiyah.. no need la...it's ok one... i got pepper spray. eh but i don't think it's working anymore lah". a split-second after that, she took the pepper spray out of her handbag and started spraying, to demonstrate the unworkable condition of her pepper spray. nothing came out at first. but after her third attempt, tiny sprinkles of liquid pepper (pun not intended) spurted out. “eh actually it’s working la!” she half-squealed, to her delight. but to my horror, i felt tiny sprinkles of liquid hit my forehead and eyelid. “err… i think u just sprayed me lah”. “oh no, eh sorry sorry… didn’t realize that the spray was pointed at you” (this came from a girl who scored like straight A’s in her SPM. i guess even smart people have their stupid moments... too bad i was there with her when the moment arrived) “does it hurt?” she asked. at that point it didn’t hurt at all “no la... it’s ok. bye!” so she went off. but as soon as her car zoomed off, i started having some stinging sensation on my forehead and my eyelid. by the time i got to my car, it got worse. i was already in my car ready to head home when it started burning even more. it felt like you accidentally bit a cili api, but instead of your tongue feeling burned it’s your face.. luckily there was a mosque about 300 metres from where i was parked. so i quickly drove to the mosque. it was the most agonizing 300-metre drive of my life! i rushed to the ablution area and frantically washed my face with water. phew...

morale of the story:
1.if you want to check and see if a spray can / container is still working, don’t point it someone else’s face (or even your own face for that matter) when you are testing it
2.if you are thinking of becoming a rapist/snatch thief/sex predator – don’t. it’s way too risky that it’s not even worth it
3. being pepper-sprayed is not fun

this community service message is brought to you by aiskrempotong.fm ;)

4 Comments:

  • Eh, aku pun pernah experience the same thing. But with chilli laa, not pepper. And nobody sprayed the thing in my face, I did the thing myself. OK OK laa...aku tengah tumbuk lada nak buat sambal. And this piece of chilli came flying into my eye, spot on! Melilau aku cari air...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 01, 2005 5:48 AM  

  • my only recollection of cili was when i was about 6 or 7, i kinda like to use foul language, senang cerita mencarut la! my mum just took one tiny little cipi api and rub it forcefully onto my teeth and mouth... i've learnt my lesson ever since! hehee...

    By Blogger AdamIsmadi, at December 01, 2005 8:45 AM  

  • LOL. OMG. ROTFL.
    So now you know straight-A students are not THAT smart :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 02, 2005 6:20 PM  

  • thx for sharing yr experience with cili/cili api guys (chilli from TLC takde ke? ;P)... quite interesting experiences i would say :)

    and silentreader, yeah i guess that is something that i need to accept... there goes my belief system! ;p

    By Blogger aiskrem_potong, at December 05, 2005 7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home