aiskrempotong-ism

Friday, December 02, 2005

FALSE ALARM

had an interesting morning at the office today. i came in at about 8.35 am (5 minutes late because i knew that my manager won't be around today). 20 minutes later, while i was just getting started with my work (the first 20 minutes of my day is devoted to having my breakfast whilst checking the 'necessary' sites on the internet ;P) one of my colleagues complained of contractions. she is 8-month pregnant. and the whole unit went chaotic (note: my unit consists of 6 women and myself). it was quite a funny scene.. it reminded me of a scene from sister act I (when all the nuns went to las vegas to find whoopi). oh, but being the macho-est of the lot, i remained calm la (pregnant ladies are not a big deal to me - when you have 3 elder sisters who are married with a few kids - it won't be a big deal to you too)

anyway, as the calmest of the crowd, i volunteered to drive my colleague (and a few others who decided to follow - it felt like a field trip) to the hospital (a day in the life of an everyday hero.. sigh ;p). but her contractions stopped along the way. it turned out as a false alarm... the doctor at the hospital confirmed it. hmm, might as well. had she given birth today, i'm sure i will have to share her workload with my other not-bearing-a-child-at-the-moment colleagues now. i'm just not prepared for it yet.. heheh. whatever it is, i think the false alarm has managed to break the monotony of my work today (although what's happening to my company at the morning is ANYTHING but monotonous ;P)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home